Why is it that the very few times that i fail at Pro Tools and vice versa. IT HAS TO BE IN FRONT OF GEORGE MASSENBURG.
If you dont know, do your research.
Post(s) tagged with "Jorel Corpus"
Some photos from my gig yesterday at the BPC. too bad AA was not included in them. i wanna wait for the officlal BPC photos.
The first one looks like an album cover. Thats Jess Harlen by the way. check out her stuff. its pretty sticky. Drummer is Ernie Mcmillan, Camilla Charlesworth on bass. (shes nasty!)
the guy on laptop is Andreas, my genius bandmate who wrote a custom program in Max/MSP to do the live stuttering and effects. He also made my original PVSCross Csound patch available to do live which is the foundation of this live performance.
Photos were taken from the side of the stage by Nate Coe, my classmate who was manning the monitoring console as well. HAHA
Playing this “Lansky” piece live at the Berklee Performance Center on tuesday as a opener for “Singer’s Night” CHECK IT!!!
Oh, this is my first Boston gig. :D
DSP Spring 2011 “Soundbyte” Project
Berklee College of Music EPD Program
Composed, Engineered, Programmed and Produced by Jorel Corpus
Original Soundbyte: telephone voice message of Patricia Corpus
Programmed in: Peak, Max/MSP, CSound, Soundhack, Spear, Cecilia,
Instruments built in: Kontakt, Battery
Sequenced in: Ableton Live and Pro Tools
Mixed in: Pro Tools.
This should be one of the last versions of my Soundbyte project. If not the final product. Im still submitting this so my teacher can review and tell me what else i can do.
For those of you who dont know, this has been an ongoing project for the past couple of weeks.
Our task is to utilize Phase Vocoding to manipulate one sampled voice from any person and turn it into all the sounds that you will hear in this piece. For mine, i used my sister’s prank phone call message
Tools used for manipulation and editing are:
The resulting sounds were then Sampled into NI’s Battery and Kontakt for further manipulation using our knowledge of basic and advanced synthesis techniques until they became usable instruments for this project.
The instruments were then sequenced in Live so i could get a feel of what i wanted to do from a compositional standpoint. When i was ready, i then switched to Pro Tools where i sequenced and mixed the piece.
Needless to say, this has probably been my most challenging project yet. More to come. I think i will revisit this in a couple weeks so i can check my mix and see how further i can develop it.